Know Your Responsibility Code
Skiing and snowboarding are dynamic, fluid sports of motion in a winter environment that requires constant awareness and judgment by skiers or snowboarders to overcome the inherent risks of the sport. Ski Sundown is committed to skiing or snowboarding safety and expects all skiers or snowboarders who choose to ski or snowboard at Ski Sundown to follow Your Responsibility Code listed below and other posted rules and regulations that are designed to make a visit to Ski Sundown a great experience for everyone.
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.
Officially endorsed by the National Ski Areas Association.