Ski Sundown's Adaptive program provides ski and snowboard lessons to individuals of all ages with physical, cognitive or developmental disabilities. Ski Sundown is affiliated with STRIDE, Inc., a nonprofit adaptive skiing and recreation organization for individuals with disabilities. Our adaptive volunteers are trained in adaptive coaching and will assess, equip and teach special needs students one-on-one to meet their specific needs, abilities and learning styles. We welcome individuals of all abilities.
Lesson categories include: Hearing and visual impairments or blind skiing; all types of developmental disabilities; two, three and four track skiers and snowboarders and mono- and bi-skiing. Lessons are by advance reservation only, and are available on weekends and some weekdays.
Adaptive Lesson Package - $75
- 2 ½ hours of private instruction (includes time for equipment fitting)
- Adaptive and/or standard ski or snowboard equipment
- Lift ticket
Lift Ticket available for one person accompanying adaptive lesson participant - $30
Handicap parking is available on the left and right of the main footbridge entrance.
For participation in Ski Sundown's Adaptive Lesson program
- Complete the Adaptive Application & Waiver. Your application must be accepted by STRIDE prior to making a reservation with Ski Sundown.
- Call 860-379-7669 Ext. 211 to make an adaptive lesson reservation. All reservations are charged in full when booked. A full refund will be issued if cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the reservation. Reschedules made within 48 hours are subject to a $25 fee.
Through the David H. Clark Memorial Fund, STRIDE often helps families who have children already enrolled in STRIDE's program by giving them financial assistance to fully participate in STRIDE's activities or related activities.
Ski Sundown would like to thank and recognize the following corporations that have contributed $1,000 or more to the STRIDE/Ski Sundown Adaptive Equipment/Education Fund. Through their generosity, Ski Sundown's Adaptive Program will be able to serve more children and adults with disabilities of all types.
- Wiremold Foundation
- Bob's Discount Furniture
- J & M Sales
- AT&T Berkshire Employees CSF
- Customers of Marandino Food
- Ski Sundown, Inc.
- AE Ski Club