Ski Sundown for Every Body.
Summit Adaptive Sports (a nonprofit adaptive skiing and recreation organization) provides ski and snowboard lessons to individuals of all ages with physical, cognitive or developmental disabilities. Our Adaptive volunteers are PSIA-trained and will assess, equip and teach individuals with special needs, one-on-one, to meet their specific goals, abilities and learning styles. We welcome individuals of all abilities!
Lesson categories include: Hearing and visual impairments or blind; all types of developmental disabilities; three and four track for mobility impairments, and sit, mono, and bi-skiing. Lessons are taken by advance reservation only, and are available on weekends and specific weekdays.
For participation in our Adaptive SPORTS Program
- Visit summitadaptive.org and click “How To Participate” to complete your registration form and waiver.
- Once your registration form has been processed and approved by Summit, call the Ski Sundown Welcome Center at (860) 379-7669 ext. 211 to make an adaptive lesson reservation. All reservations are charged in full when booked. A full refund will be issued if cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the reservation. Reschedules made within 48 hours are subject to a $25 fee.
Financial assistance through Summit Adaptive Sports helps families in need of financial assistance to fully participate in Ski Sundown Adaptive activities. To learn more about sponsorships for the Summit Adaptive Sports program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Private Lesson Refund Policy
Private Adaptive Lesson
Lesson Package includes:
- 2 ½ hours of private instruction (includes time for equipment fitting)
- Adaptive and/or standard ski or snowboard equipment
- Lift ticket
- Handicap parking is available on the left and right of the main footbridge entrance.
You can also purchase a lift ticket for one person accompanying adaptive lesson participant.
Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays: 3PM, 5:30PM
Weekends/Holidays*: 9:30AM, 1PM
*Holidays: Dec. 26-29, 2023; Jan. 1, 15; Feb. 19; Mar. 29, 2024.Click Now To Register!
TICKET, LESSON, & Equipment BUNDLE
Offered Weekdays & Weekends
- 2½ hour semi-private lesson scheduled over 5 weeks for approved Summit Adaptive Sports students.
- For ages 4+, skiers and snowboarders. Includes rental equipment, if needed.
- Students will enjoy learning and skiing in a more independent setting, guided by adaptive instructors.
Club Summit Weekday Program
Summit EXPLORERS Weekend Program
OFFERED 5x WEEKDAYS or WEEKENDS
For Veterans and Active Military
Free Adaptive Lesson!
Veterans and active members of the Armed Services who have permanent disabilities are elegible for participation in the VA Adaptive Sports Grant Program. This program offers participants a free skiing or snowboarding lesson with adaptive equipment and coaching. Sponsorship is provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Move United. For more information, visit summitadaptive.org.
*Season Passholder or Midweek 12-Pack Passholder