Ski Sundown for Every Body
Ski Sundown’s Adaptive program provides ski and snowboard lessons to individuals of all ages with physical, cognitive or developmental disabilities. Ski Sundown is affiliated with STRIDE, Inc., a nonprofit adaptive skiing and recreation organization for individuals with disabilities. Our Adaptive volunteers are PSIA-trained and will assess, equip and teach individuals with special needs, one-on-on, to meet their specific goals, abilities and learning styles. We welcome individuals of all abilities!
Lesson categories include: Hearing and visual impairments or blind; all types of developmental disabilities; three and four track for mobility impairments, and sit- mono- and bi-skiing. Lessons are taken by advance reservation only, and are available on weekends and some weekdays.
For participation in our Adaptive Lesson Program
- Register online by completing the STRIDE registration form and DSUSA waiver prior to making a reservation with Ski Sundown.
- Complete the Ski Sundown Adaptive Waiver and Rental Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call (860) 379-7669 ext. 211 to make an adaptive lesson reservation. All reservations are charged in full when booked. A full refund will be issued if cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the reservation. Reschedules made within 48 hours are subject to a $25 fee.
Financial assistance through the STRIDE David H. Clark Memorial Fund helps families in of financial assistance to fully participate in STRIDE’s activities or related activities.
To learn more about sponsorships for the Adaptive Program email MWhitney@stride.org.Download the Ski Sundown Waiver & Rental Form
Adaptive Lesson Package
- 2 ½ hours of private instruction (includes time for equipment fitting)
- Adaptive and/or standard ski or snowboard equipment
- Lift ticket
- Handicap parking is available on the left and right of the main footbridge entrance.
You can also purchase a lift ticket for one person accompanying adaptive lesson participant — $40
Weekday & Weekend Programs
- 2½ hour group lesson scheduled over 5 weeks for approved, independent STRIDE Adaptive skiers.
- For ages 8 – 21, skiers only. Includes rental equipment, if needed.
- Students will enjoy learning and skiing with other participants in an independent setting guided by Adaptive Instructors.
4-Hour Lift Ticket & Lesson: $375 (plus $18.75 for protection policy, if desired)
Passholder Lesson: $325 (plus $16. 25 for protection policy, if desired)
Wednesday, January 8, 15, 22, 29 & February 5.
2:30PM – 5:30PM OR 5:30PM – 8:00PM
Call (860) 379-7669 ext.211
Saturday, January 4, 11, 18, 25 & February 1.
Sunday, January 5, 12, 19, 26 & February 2.
Saturdays – 9:00am – 11:30am
Sundays – 1:00PM – 3:30PM
Call (860) 379-7669 ext.211