Here at Ski Sundown, we strive to offer the best mountain experience. We work hard on keeping the mountain well maintained, fresh, and exciting. We want as many people to enjoy our creations as possible, and that’s why we offer such a variety of Freestyle Terrain which may contain jumps, hits, ramps, banks, fun boxes, jibs, rails, half pipes, quarter pipes, mogul terrain, and other created or natural terrain features.
Prior to using the Freestyle Terrain, you are responsible for familiarizing yourself with it and obeying all instructions, warnings and signs. Freestyle skills require maintaining control on the ground, and in the air. Park Smart is all about safety and having the knowledge to enjoy your freedom and the freestyle terrain.
Work your way up. Build your skills.
[M]ake a Plan
Every feature. Every time.
Before you drop.
The features and other users
[T]ake it Easy
Know your limits. Land on your feet.
Check out the basics, with tips and safety information from the pros in this Park Smart video. Let’s make sure the terrain parks are fun and safe for everyone!
Know Your Limits.
- Know your limits and ability level and select the appropriate Freestyle Terrain for you.
- Your condition, speed, balance, body movements, alignment, trajectory and maneuver difficulty will directly affect your desired outcome.
- Know the intended use of the Freestyle Terrain you have chosen. For example, some features are intended to be used in a series with no stopping and some individually with stopping areas; jump takeoffs are for jumping and rail takeoffs are for entering onto rails.
- Your actions can take you out of balance and cause serious injury or death, no matter how the feature is designed or where you land. Land on your feet!
- Transitions are changes in the shape and pitch of the snow or feature, or changes from one type of sliding surface to another. Transitions can be gentle or abrupt, and demand that users be alert and respond to them with accurate movements.
- Know where to land. The sweet spot is between the “knuckle” and the center of the landing zone. Even if you land on or near the sweet spot, you can still be seriously injured or die if your landing posture is not correct.
- Inverted maneuvers are not allowed.
- Be aware that features change constantly due to snow conditions, weather, usage, grooming and time of day.
- Read and obey all posted signs, instructions and warnings before using Freestyle Terrain.