Free NASTAR Racing
What is NASTAR?
Developed by SKI Magazine in 1968, NASTAR (NAtional STAndard Race) is the largest recreational ski and snowboard race program in the world. Their mission is simple – to provide a fun, competitive and easily accessible racing program that, through the development of a handicap system, allows racers of all ages and abilities a means to compare themselves with one another regardless of when and where they race.
If you have raced Liberty Mutual NASTAR since 1997, there is no need to register again. However, you should quickly verify that you are in the NASTAR database by searching for your last name in the field indicated at the top of their homepage. Also, we strongly suggest that you verify that the personal information on your Race Record is complete and accurate prior to the start of the season.
If you are new to the Liberty Mutual NASTAR experience, you can register online to race any time during the year. Click here to register online today. You will be issued a unique NASTAR Registration Number and you can click here to track your results. Did you forget your number? No problem — click here and enter your last name in the field indicated at the top of the homepage. To race, simply give the starter at the top of the course your NASTAR Registration Number and off you go. Racers qualify for Bronze, Silver and Gold medals based on the NASTAR National handicap system for age and gender.
Want to learn more? Click here for additional information on Liberty Mutual NASTAR and answers to a number of frequently asked questions.
- NASTAR Racing UNLIMITED TIMED RUNS: FREE!!
- NASTAR Course Hours: Sundays 2:00pm-5:00pm, Start Date Jan. 5, 2020; Thursdays 6:30pm-9:30pm, Start Date Jan. 9, 2020.
- To race at Ski Sundown, you will need a lift ticket or pass, available at the Welcome Center, and a NASTAR ID Number.
NASTAR Racing with Private Coaching
- Professional race coaching private lessons (1 hour) available during public NASTAR course hours.
- $135 per hour (includes 1-hour lift ticket per 1-hour session).
- Reservations required. Contact our Welcome Center at 860-379-7669 Ext 211. Click here for more information about private lessons.
- Includes unlimited timed NASTAR runs*.
*Lift ticket/pass required